Get In Touch
Self-Esteem, Tips & Tricks
March 7, 2020
Summertime is a time for renewal, for being outside in the sunshine and making the most of the long days. We often find ourselves resolving to do more in the summer, things that we may not have time to do during the year or put off because we are focused on holidays and life events. Use this summer to create a better you by taking care of yourself.
1. Set Mini Goals. Summertime is a great time to set smaller goals like reading more or getting outside to exercise regularly. The longer days provide the sunlight that we crave and our bodies and minds seem to want to do more. Find an activity that you like and resolve to do it this summer. The feeling of accomplishment you get by completing a mini goal helps instill confidence that you can continue to take on newer, and possibly bigger, challenges.
2. Connect More with Friends and Family. We spend so much of our time connecting with friends and family on social media, we forget that it isn’t the same as meeting them face to face. Make it a priority to meet with a friend or family member each week or more often. We all need new and engaging social interactions to be our best selves. Friends and family provide a safe and nurturing environment for us to vent or get feedback to help improve our outlook and our mood.
3. Experience Something New. Use the summer as an excuse to try something to help raise your self esteem. Whether it is learning to knit, enjoying a girls only trip to a new destination or skydiving, there is so much out there to try and summer is a great time to do it. Once you learn a new skill or try something new, your first reaction is to share it with the world. This is the catalyst you need to bring confidence back into your stride.
4. Make a Change. If you have been putting off a big decision, resolve to do it this summer. Thinking about a job change? Investigate your options. Thinking about changing your eating habits for environmental reasons? Explore what it would mean to take on a vegetarian lifestyle. A change in lifestyle can mean a big boost in self esteem by providing a fresh look at how you live your life.
5. Create a Long Term Plan. Use the summer as a chance to set your long term goals. Consider where you would like to be in five years, now write a plan for how you intend to get there. It is one thing to set a goal and another to map out the steps for achieving. Think big, the sky is the limit. Setting long range goals can give you the courage you need to take a life altering path.
Find what aspects of yourself you want to improve upon this summer and just do it. Take care of yourself and remember that change only happens when you have the determination, and the plan, to get you there.
← BACK TO MW EDITORIAL
© 2023 Manhattan Wellness All Rights Reserved.| | site credit